Saturday, September 20, 2008

Planting "Dominic Zero"

This week we started the first of annual tradition--planting the birthday tree. We planted "Dominic O" in honor of his birth, near Kerr Lake in NC. It's a place we camp all the time, and we planted a longleaf pine (NC state tree) in the woods and marked it with the GPS. The idea is to plant and mark a tree every year, wherever we are, and keep a map of the trees to revisit someday. Dominic 0 should be something to see in 20 years! The other photos are from the trip to Kerr Lake, and Dominic showing off his MTU socks he got from Danny and Julie.






4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! The picture of Dom and Grant made me tear up... it's so sweet. I'm totally anthropomorphizing the dog- but he seems so attentive and watchful. Awwww!!!

Tucker and Lauren's Mommy said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you guys set up a site for us friends and family that are not nearby. This way we can see Dominic, eventhough we can't be there to hold him. I love the idea of Dominic 0. Thanks for sending me the site. Keep up dating...I'm bookmarking his site. Take care you guys! Jen, Jamie and Tucker

Anonymous said...

I love the pics with the apple hat. I bought that hat for Charlie when we was an infant and it is great to see Dominic wearing it. He looks so cute. I love tree idea, you guys are great parents

Bobby said...

Jumbo, I am loving this idea. You hippies are so clever!

+Bobby